- Computational Modeling and Simulation
- Material Characterization
- Solidification Technology
- Quantum Mechanics
- Composites and Nanocomposite
- Computational Drug Design
- Worked as Professor and Head, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, OEC, Bhubaneswar
- Worked as Assistant Professor and Head, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Bhadrak Inst. of Engineering & Tech, Bhadrak
- Worked as Assistant Manager, Talcher Thermal Power Station
- Worked as Sr. Section Engineer, S. E. Railway Kharagpur
- Worked as Assistant Engineer, Odisha Agro Industries
- Ph. D in Nanotechnology/Nanocomposite from I. I.T, Kharagpur in 2007
- M. Tech in Maintenance Engg. from NIT, Bhopal in 2001
- B.E in Mechanical Engg.from I.E. (India) in 1986
- B. Sc (Hons) in PCM (Mathematics) from Utkal University in 1982
- Ph D Scholars: 08
- M. Sc dissertation work: 20
- B. Tech Projects: 30
Membership of academic bodies
- Institution of Engineers, India.
- Life Member of ISTE, New Delhi
- Member of TIFAC Core, New Delhi
- Design & Development of Bulk Nano Composites through solidification rout, 1nos filed at IIT, Kharagpur
- Design of particulate MMCs having uniform particle distribution is under process
- Prof. B. S. Murty, Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai 600036, India (Nanocrystlline materials).
- Prof. S. C. Panigrahi, Department of Metallurgical &Materials Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, West Bengal 721302, India (Nanoferroelectrics).
- Prof. S. Ghosh, Department of Metallurgical &Materials Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, West Bengal 721 302, India (Conducting Materials)
- S. K. S. Parashar, P. Padhi, R. N. P. Choudhary, Awalendra K. Thakur and B. S. Murty, Finite Element Model in Nanoindentation to Study Nonlinear Behaviour of Nanoceramic PGZT, Materials and Manufacturing Process, 22, p. 337-340 (2007).
- Sasank Sekhar Hota, Payodhar Padhi, Finite Element Modeling of Cutout joint, Journal of Sound and Vibration, Volume 302, Issues 4-5, 22 May 2007.
- P. Padhi, Modeling of structure of Al-Sn alloys, Mat. Sc. Forum, 2006
- P. Padhi, S. C. Panigrahi and S. Ghosh, Particle Distribution in Metal Matrix Composites by Centrifugal action, Trans Indian Inst. Met., Vol 58. No. 4 August 2005 pp 715-719.
- P. Padhi, Effect of Brownian motion on solidification processing, Trans Indian Inst. Met.
- A coupled Finite Volume and Newtonian Dynamics Model for Prediction of Macrostructure of Functional graded Composites. Payodhar Padhi, Sudipto Ghosh and S.C.Panigrahi, ICAMPP-2006-page747-755
- Finite Element Modeling of particle Distribution of MMCs, ISTAM 05, Payodhar Padhi, Sudipto Ghosh and S.C.Panigrahi
- Synthesis of Metal matrix Composites by Multi-Axial Random Rotation Method, Indian foundry congress. Payodhar Padhi, Sudipto Ghosh and S. C. Panigrahi
- Modeling of Particle distribution of Metal Matrix of Nano Composites (MMNCs) by Ultrasonic Method, International Conference of Nano Science Technology -06, New Delhi. Payodhar Padhi, Santosh K Anand, Sudipto Ghosh and S. C. Panigrahi
- Preparation and Characterization of Al-Sic metal matrix composites by Multi ľAxial Random Rotation Method, ISMAPK4, IIT, Kharagpur, Payodhar Padhi, and S. C. Panigrahi